Sunday, April 23, 2006

Praise the Lord and Pass the Biscuits!


House of Blues
Originally uploaded by Andy Rostad.
On Kate's last day in Chicago, I thought it would be a nice treat to enjoy a brunch, but this one with a difference.

Held at the House of Blues in Downtown Chicago, the brunch we attended today featured an all-you-can-eat buffet and a full gospel choir! It was absolutely amazing. All of it.

The buffet featured everything from cereal and fruit to southern fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, hash browns and made-to-order omlettes.

Of course I couldn't even get through one full plate because I stuffed myself too early in the piece. But I managed to enjoy the chicken and the spicy and flavourful jambalaya - mmmm it was delicious!

The gospel choir was ultra talented and really enthusiastic. I am really looking forward to summer because the gospel church around the corner from me opens its doors and windows during the services. So the sounds of the rich choir voices will fill the whole neighbourhood and I think that will be just great.

And I tell you, the House of Blues is the perfect venue for the gospel brunch - it's eclectic, funky, and just made for performances that encourage audience involvement.

I was having a toe-tapping, hand-clapping, glory hallelujah great time - and I will definitely be back!

No comments: